The Housing Act 1996 Section 213



Part, Section or Article

Section 213

Partners Involved in Information Sharing

Local Authorities
Housing Authorities and Registered Social Landlords

Application and Explanation of Use as a Legal Gateway

Where a person with whom children would normally reside is ineligible for assistance with homelessness, or the risk of homelessness, they can, with their consent, be referred to Adult Social Care services, and the child could be described as being in need.

Should Social Services determine that the child’s needs would be best met by finding the family accommodation, the local housing authority is obliged to provide reasonable advice and assistance.

Where a person is homeless or at risk of homelessness within the next 46 days, and with that person’s consent, the LA can make a referral to the housing authority of the person’s choice within England.

Powered by BetterDocs